We Believe That…
The Church of God is a Divine Institution:
It was built by Christ. (Matthew 16:18)
The Name of Christ’s Church:
- It is named of God. (Isaiah 62:1-2)
- It takes the Father’s name. (Ephesians 3:14-14). It is called “Church of God.” (Acts 20:28)
- The visible congregation is called “Church of God.” (I Corinthians 1:1-2)
- Christ prayed that the Father might keep His people in His name. (John 17:9-12)
The Church was Established:
In A.D. 33 Christ said, “I will build my Church.” (Matthew 16-18)
- The church was added to at Pentecost. (Acts 2:47)
How to Become a Member:
We enter through Christ the door. (John 10:9; Revelation 3:7-8)
- We enter by spiritual regeneration. (I Corinthians 12:13)
- We are born into the Church. (Psalms 87:5)
We believe in the Supernatural Acts of the Spirit of God in the Church:
- Salvation and deliverance from sin. (New Birth) (Matthew 1:21, John 3:3, 5-7, II Corinthians 5:17)
- Sanctification and purification of believers. (Acts 2:1-4, Luke 11:13, I Corinthians 3:16, I Thessalonians 5:23)
- Divine healing of sickness and disease. (James 5:14-16)
- Special gifts of preaching, teaching, faith, etc. (I Corinthians 12:12)
What the Church of God is:
- It is the body of Christ. (Ephesians 1:22-23; Colossians 1:18-24)
- It consists of those taken out for His Name. (Acts 15:14)
- It is built of lively stones. (I Peter 2:5)
- It consists of the blood-washed. (Acts 20:28)
- It consists of those whose names are in the Book of Life. (Hebrews 12:22-23).
- It consists of all the saved in Heaven and Earth. (Ephesians 3:14-15)
- Christ built but one Church (Matthews 16:18)
- All Christians are inducted into it by the Spirit. (I Corinthians 12:13)
- The cross reconciles all in one body or Church. (Ephesians 2:11-16)
- Christ condemned division. (I Corinthians 1:10)
How the Visible, Local Congregation is Formed:
- It is formed by the voluntary association of the saved. (Matthew 18:20).
- It is formed by the saved coming out of denominationalism and abiding alone in Christ and associating in voluntary worship with all others who have done so. (II Corinthians 6:14-18, Revelation 18:1-4).
LOOKING FOR A CHURCH HOME?
If you have confessed and forsaken sin, accepted Jesus Christ into your heart as your Lord and Savior, and you are presently looking for a church home, we invite you to prayerfully consider Southwestern Church of God. We are not a perfect people, but we serve a perfect Christ. Join us as we Aim Higher in Holiness!